Stephen Tweed began his journey as a health care and business strategist in home health care in 1982 when he received a call from his pastor, Dr. Robert Smith, of the First Presbyterian Church in Oil City, Pennsylvania. Dr. Smith was Chairman of the Board of the Visiting Nurses Association of Venango County and was calling on his friend and congregation member for assistance in strategic planning. The first board strategy session led to a series of engagements with home health agencies across Pennsylvania, and eventually to the Pennsylvania Association of Home Health Agencies, now the Pennsylvania Home Care Association. He was then asked to give an opening keynote speech at the annual convention of the Visiting Nurse Associations of America.
- 1990 – Stephen merged his company, Tweed Corporation, with the firm of Weber, Levin, & O’Malley to form Tweed Weber, Inc., a firm that developed a clear business model to focus on strategy, training, and consulting to the home health care industry.
- 1992 – Stephen married Elizabeth Jeffries, RN, CSP, CPAE, also an award winning professional speaker and author, and moved to Louisville, KY.
- 1996 – Stephen and Elizabeth sold Tweed Weber, Inc. and merged their speaking and consulting businesses to form Tweed Jeffries, LLC.
- 2002 – Stephen and his son, Jason, decided to work together to find new and different methods to transform the home care industry. Jason is physically disabled, lives in a wheelchair, and uses the services of home care on a daily basis. On Christmas Day, 2002, Jason and Stephen registered the web address www.leadinghomecare.com. Leading Home Care …a Tweed Jeffries company was born.
- 2006 – The team at Leading Home Care recognized the need to help home care companies recruit and select higher quality caregivers. The solution was an online selection system that became known as the Caregiver Quality Assurance® program.
- 2012 – The Academy for Private Duty Home Care® became a membership network that included online learning, live workshops, private duty field trips, mastermind groups and a vast online library of information, data, and educational programs for private pay home care.
Leading Home Care is an industry leader in providing strategies, insights, information, and expert resources to home care companies in three specific areas; business growth strategies, leadership development, and talent solutions. Stephen Tweed is a frequent speaker at home care association conferences and corporate meetings, and a facilitator of the strategic planning process for hundreds of home care agencies across the country.