Stephen Tweed began his journey as a health care and business strategist in home health care in 1982 when he received a call from his pastor, Dr. Robert Smith, of the First Presbyterian Church in Oil City, Pennsylvania. Dr. Smith was Chairman of the Board of the Visiting Nurses Association of Venango County and was calling on his friend and congregation member for assistance in strategic planning. The first board strategy session led to a series of engagements with home health agencies across Pennsylvania, and eventually to the Pennsylvania Association of Home Health Agencies, now the Pennsylvania Home Care Association. He was then asked to give an opening keynote speech at the annual convention of the Visiting Nurse Associations of America.
Since then, Leading Home Care and Stephen Tweed have grown into the leading resource for facts, data, information, and knowledge of the industry sector we call Home Care. Our clients, mastermind members, and newsletter subscribers provide in-home personal care to older adults. Home Care has become the fastest growing sector of health care in America.
- 1990 – Stephen merged his company, Tweed Corporation, with the firm of Weber, Levin, & O’Malley to form Tweed Weber, Inc., a firm that developed a clear business model to focus on strategy, training, and consulting to the home health care industry.
- 1992 – Stephen married Elizabeth Jeffries, RN, CSP, CPAE, also an award winning professional speaker and author, and moved to Louisville, KY. Elizabeth is an award winning professional speaker, published author, and executive coach to CEOs and C-suite leaders in hospitals, long term care organizations, and Academic Medicine.
- 1996 – Stephen and Elizabeth sold Tweed Weber, Inc. and merged their speaking and consulting businesses to form Tweed Jeffries, LLC.
- 2002 – Stephen and his son, Jason, decided to work together to find new and different methods to transform the home care industry. Jason is physically disabled, lives in a wheelchair, and uses the services of home care on a daily basis. On Christmas Day, 2002, Jason and Stephen registered the web address www.leadinghomecare.com. Leading Home Care …a Tweed Jeffries company was born.
- 2006 – The team at Leading Home Care recognized the need to help home care companies recruit and select higher quality caregivers. The solution was an online selection system that became known as the Caregiver Quality Assurance® program.
- 2012 – The Academy for Private Duty Home Care® became a membership network that included online learning, live workshops, private duty field trips, mastermind groups and a vast online library of information, data, and educational programs for private pay home care.
- 2012 – Stephen Tweed was awarded The Cavett … the highest award for lifetime service … by the National Speakers Association. Jill Scott joined Leading Home Care as Manager of Member Services.
- 2013 – Leading Home Care introduces the Mastermind Concept to the home care industry, and forms the $5 million Mastermind Group. This was a group of five private pay home care companies that generated $5 million or more in revenue. This group grew and is now The Top 5% Mastermind Group, and is made up of twelve companies at our above the 95th percentile in annual revenue according to the Home Care Pulse annual Home Care Benchmarking Study.
- 2014 – The Academy for Private Duty Home Care is renamed the Home Care CEO Forum, … a membership network for connecting CEOs at the top tier of home care with one another. The CEO Forum now hosts four Home Care CEO Mastermind Groups and leads Home Care Executive Strategy Retreats.
- 2014 – The Home Care CEO Forum organized the Strategic Growth Mastermind Group for companies between 1,500 and 3,000 hours per week who want to grow to the Top 5%.
- 2016 – The Home Care CEO forum organized the Top 10% Mastermind Group for home care companies between 3,000 hours per week and 6,000 hours per week.
- 2017 – Stephen Tweed and Elizabeth Jeffries were inducted as Legends of the Speaking Profession by the Veteran Speakers Retreat.
- 2017 – Stephen Tweed’s newest book Conquering the Crisis: Proven Solutions for Caregiver Recruiting and Retention was published by Red Letter Press.
- 2018 – The Home Care CEO Forum organized The Top 7% Mastermind Group for home care companies between 5,000 hours per week and 8,000 hours per week.
- 2020 – The COVID Pandemic shut down all in-person meetings. The Home Care CEO Forum continued without missing a beat as we have been using online video meetings for several years and our members continued to stay connected via ZOOM. Jensen Jones joined Leading Home Care and the Home Care CEO Forum as a researcher in caregiver recruiting and retention.
- 2021 – While most industry meetings were again canceled, the members of the Home Care CEO Mastermind Groups met in-person to share ideas, solve problems, and support one another. Jensen Jones becomes a Mastermind Facilitator for the Strategic Growth Mastermind and the Top 10% Mastermind Groups.
- 2023 – The Home CEO Forum is acquired by the firm of Jensen, Morgan, & Jones of Federal Way, WA, and Jensen Jones becomes CEO. Stephen Tweed continues to serve the CEO Forum as facilitator of the Top 5% Mastermind Group, as industry researcher, and as mentor to new mastermind facilitators. Stephen also continues to serve home care company CEOs and home care Industry suppliers by conducting research, leading executive retreats, and providing strategic advisory services.
Leading Home Care is an industry leader in providing strategies, insights, information, and expert resources to home care companies in three specific areas; Industry Research, Executive Retreats, and Strategic Advisory Services. Stephen Tweed is a frequent speaker at home care association conferences and corporate meetings, and a facilitator of the strategic planning process for hundreds of home care agencies across the country.