We worked with Home Health Line and Decision Health to promote their Star Liaison competition to find the best home health agency business development reps. I was also invited to serve as one of the judges for the contest. Two candidates were selected as the Star Liaisons. One was invited to speak at this Pre-Conference workshop, and the other will be in Orlando in May for that conference.
The first Star Liaison is Penny Shadinger, RN, Program Liaison with Alacare Home Health & Hospice in Albertville, AL. Alacare is one of the largest home health and hospice agencies in Alabama, and is a leader in using technology to communicate with and monitor patients.
Penny did a wonderful job of describing her company, her service area, and how she goes about bringing in a substantial percentage of her company’s total referrals. Penny discussed:
- Giving Personalized Service with phone, fax, personal intake or online referrals
- Being a True Team Player in working with clinical staff and other team members
- Educating referral sources
- Staying connected to referral sources
- Using your car as your office, and how to prepare for each sales call
You can learn more about the programs and services of Alacare at http://www.alacare.com/