Non-medical home care services are becoming increasingly popular. As nursing home negligence rises, the elderly are hesitant to leave the comfort and safety of their own home. A recent economic outlook survey released by the National Private Duty Association discovered that over 70 percent expect an increase in revenues from 2008 to 2009, while another 12 percent state that their revenue will remain steady.
Additional statistics add to this trend:
• 81 percent are accepting caregiver applications and hiring
• 56 percent of businesses have increased their number of caregivers from 6 months earlier
• 63 percent reported an increase in the amount of clients from 6 months ago
• 86 percent of those surveyed believe that they will continue to see an increase over the next year
• In the upcoming 12 months, 52 percent expect their businesses to be running well, while another 12 percent expect excellent results.