At the annual conference of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice, Mary St. Pierre, Vice President for Regulatory Affairs presented her update on new regulations affecting home health care. As always, Mary was wonderful in helping us understanding the regulations that will be affecting us. Here’s a brief list of the regulatory issues the Mary covered, and a link to her handout materials for this presentation. A short report on each element will follow in future blog postings.
Regulatory Update Items*
* Medicare Administrative Contractors
* Recovery Audit Contractors
* Survey & Certification Future Considerations
* Post-Acute Care Demonstration
* Home Health Quality
* CHAMP – Collaboratin for Homecare Advances in Management Practice
* Red Flag Rule
* Medicare Home Health PPS Rule
* Case Mix Creep
* Outlier Policy Change
* Proposed Coverage Standards
* Provider Enrollment
* Physician Certification and Recertification
* Oasis Compliance and OASIS-C
* CAHPS – Consumer Assessment of Health Providers and Systems
* Delta OASIS-C Best Practices Project
There’s clearly a lot of valuable information here, and you’ll want to learn as much as you can about each of these items. Stay tuned for more details.
We appreciate your comments. If you were in Mary’s session, what was most important for you?