- have a current policy and procedure manual for operation of all business practices
- have a policy and procedure for handling complaints
- have a policy and procedure for handling incidents
- have a disaster plan
- have an infection control plan
- brochures and marketing materials available to all staff
- carry professional liability insurance and workers compensation
- have an employee handbook and personnel policies available or all staff
- perform criminal background checks
- provide periodic continuing education for staff
These are just a few of the best practices developed by the NPDA Standards and Ethics committee. For a copy of the full list of the 30 Best Practices, go to the NPDA web site. You’ll need to be a member to access this and many other tools to help you operate our business more effectively.
Note: Leading Home Care is an associate member of NPDA, and we frequently contribute to their ongoing educational programs.