According to the 2013 Private Duty Benchmarking Study, 25% of home care companies focus primarily on Consumer Marketing, and 75% focus on referral marketing.
What’s your focus for marketing?
Pick one. You can focus on consumer marketing. You can focus on referral marketing. You can’t focus on both at the same time. In 25 years of working with highly effective home care companies, I’ve never seen anyone do both well
Today we will focus our discussion on consumer marketing. I’ve seen it work very well. I know of a very very successful home care company with over $8 million in annual revenue that has built their business purely with consumer marketing. It works.
Let’s look at the top techniques of The Leaders from the benchmarking study.
These are the top techniques for companies with more than $2 million in revenue. The median size of The Leaders is $3,347,000.
1. Search Engine Optimization. The top technique for driving consumer inquiries is your web site, and having consumers find you through a search engine.
2. Google Ad Words. Using pay per click pays off for some home care companies.
3. Paid Newspaper Ads. If you are going to use paid ads, this needs to be one of your primary marketing strategies. Repetition and consistency are the keys
4. Paid TV Ads. 6% of The Leaders are using paid TV for consumer marketing, and it accounts for 20% of their gross revenue.
5. Paid Ads in Senior Directories. You need to know the distribution and the readership of the directory.
6. Yellow Pages Online. While only 2.6% of The Leaders see online yellow pages as a top source of inquiries, it accounts for 37.5% of their revenue.
7. Yellow Pages Print. Old school advertising that is still working for some companies.
Which of these techniques have you used?
Which techniques are in your top seven?
At The Academy for Private Duty Home Care, we are constantly studying consumer marketing in home care to find out what works, and how to make it work better.
Join us on May 23, 2013 at 4:00 pm eastern time as Bob Roth, Managing Partner at Cypress Home Care Solutions in Phoenix Az joins us for a live web conference. Bob will be sharing with you some very specific examples of how he has used Branding and Consumer Marketing to grow a highly successful home care business.
If you like what you hear from Bob, you will want to consider joining us in Phoenix for a Private Duty Field Trip to Cypress Home Care Solutions. Bob and his COO, Scott Spangler will welcome you inside their company to demonstrate in detail how they work, and what they are doing to grow their business past the median for The Leader companies in home care.
For more facts and data about what works in private duty sales and marketing, order your own copy of the 2013 Private Duty Benchmarking Report.