The 2016 Home Care CEO Leadership Study is coming to a close.
If you have not yet completed the online leadership assessment, you have until December 31, 2016 to be part of this elite group of CEOs from top tier companies in home health care and private duty home care. Our goal is to get 300 CEOs to take a look at themselves in the mirror. Our purpose is to clearly define what it takes to be successful as the CEO of a high performing home care agency.
The tool we are using for this study is an online leadership assessment tool called the TriMetrix DNA. This is a tool that we have used for leadership development, coaching, and selection for over 20 years. It has been refined and validated several times, and we believe it is the most powerful tool available for assessing leadership potential. The tool measures three things:
- Behavior – what is your core behavioral pattern as a leader? Every person has a natural behavioral style, and an adapted style. Your natural style is how you are wired. Your adapted style is based on what you think your job requires.
- Workplace Motivators – everyone is motivated. We are just not all motivated in the same way. The workplace motivators tool looks at six values, and gives you a clear picture of which values are most important to you and your work.
- Core Competencies – there are 25 core leadership competencies that have been defined. This section of the assessment gives you the opportunity to define which of these core competencies are most developed, and which may need to be developed. By creating a ranking of the core competencies of top tier CEOs, we will be able to define what leaders need to know and do to be effective in the next generation.
Three Reasons to Participate
There are three specific reasons why you will want to be part of this industry-leading research project:
- You will get a clearer understanding of your own leadership style when you receive a copy of your personal report.
- You will learn more about how your leadership style compares with other CEOs in home care when you receive a copy of the final research report.
- You will contribute to this industry wide effort to develop the next generation of home care leaders.
Two Categories of Participants
This study is open to two groups of CEOs. If your title is owner, CEO, President, Administrator, or Executive Director, you are invited to complete the questionnaire. We are inviting CEOs from two types of home care companies:
- Medicare Certified Home Health Agencies
- Private Pay In-home Care companies or “Private Duty Home Care”
The opening of the survey will ask you about the size of your agency, your annual growth rate, and your profitability in five categories. This will allow us to compare larger, faster-growing agencies to all the others. For the study of home health agencies, we will also be dividing the participants in to for-profit and not-for-profit.
If you are the top executive of either type agency, we would love to have you participate. Our focus is surveying leaders of companies in the top 20% of each sector, but any CEO is invited to participate. We’ll be comparing leadership styles for CEOs form home health and private pay, from large agencies and small agencies, and for-profit and not-for-profit home health.
Special Thanks to our Co-Sponsors
An industry wide study of this magnitude would not be possible without the help of our association co-sponsors.
- Home Care Association of America
- Visiting Nurse Association of America
- Arizona Association for Home Care
- Connecticut Association for Healthcare At Home
- Home Care Alliance of Maine
- Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts
- Home Care Association of Florida
- Home Care Association of New Hampshire
- Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice
- New York State Association of Health Care Providers
- Rhode Island Partnership for Home Care
- Tennessee Association for Home Care and Hospice
- Texas Association for Home Care and Hospice
- Vermont Assembly of Home Health Agencies
- VNAs of Vermont
How to Participate
- Set aside about 30 minutes of uninterrupted time
- Click on the link below and follow the instructions
- When you have completed the assessment, you will receive by email a copy of your personal leadership report
You will also receive a copy of the final research report once it is finalized. Our goal is to have that report by the end of the first quarter of 2017.
Don’t Delay. Participate Today!