The Selection Committee of the Veteran Speakers Retreat has announced a new inductee into the “Legends of the Speaking Profession”. Stephen Tweed, CSP, Founder and CEO of Leading Home Care … a Tweed Jeffries company, was inducted into the Legends at the 30th Annual Veteran Speakers Retreat held in Front Royal, Virginia on August 26, 2017. Also inducted into the Legends was Elizabeth Jeffries, CSP, CPAE, and Founder of Executive Mastery … a Tweed Jeffries company. Elizabeth is Stephen’s wife, business partner, and best friend.
Jim Rhode, CSP, and fellow Legend, introduced Stephen at the Legends’ Banquet on Saturday evening. Jim is a past President of the National Speakers Association in the USA, and a Cavett Award Winner. He’s also Founder and Chairman of Smart Health, a Phoenix, AZ based company that serves the dental, podiatry, veterinary, and dermatology industries.
In his introduction, Jim said, “Stephen Tweed has been a leader in the speaking profession for three decades. He’s served as President of the National Speakers Association in the USA, Chair of the NSA Foundation Board of Trustees, and was awarded the Cavett for lifetime service in 2012. Stephen is also a “legend” in the home health care industry, serving as a speaker, author, consultant, and coach to home health agencies, hospices, and private duty home care companies across the US and Canada.”
Jim further outlined some of Stephen’s accomplishments as an award winning professional speaker, author, and business leader:
- 1990 – Author – Strategic Focus: A Gameplan for Developing Competitive Advantate
- 1993 – Certified Speaking Professional
- 1997 – Elected to the Board of Directors of the National Speakers Association
- 2002-2003 – President of the National Speakers Association
- 2002 – Founded Leading Home Care … a Tweed Jeffries company to focus on serving home health, hospice, and private duty home care.
- 2005-2006 – Executive Committee, Global Speakers Federation
- 2012 – Received the Cavett Award for lifetime service to the speaking profession
- 2014 – Inducted into the Lock Haven University of PA Business Hall of Fame
- 2015 – Alumnus of the Year and Commencement Speaker, Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- 2017 – Legends of the Speaking Profession, The Veteran Speakers Retreat.
Four other leaders in professional speaking were inducted as Legends at this year’s Veteran Speakers Retreat:
- Elizabeth Jeffries, RN, CSP, CPAE – professional speaker, author, executive coach
- Rick Jakle, CSP – professional speaker, radio station owner, and hospital board chair
- Joachim dePosada (posthumous) – speaker, author, coach – accepted by his daughter Caroline
- Willie Jolley, CSP, CPAE- professional speaker, XM Radio host, and award winning Jazz singer
Stephen joins a long list of other Legends of the Speaking Profession including:
- Dr. Norman Vincent Peal
- Earl Nightengale
- Dr. Ken McFarland
- Bill Gove
- Charles “Tremendous” Jones
- Cavett Robert (Form whom the Cavett Award is named)
- George Morrisey
- Art Linkletter
- Jim Rohn
- Jeanne Robertson
- Jim Cathcart
- Jim Rhode
- Naomi Rhode
Jim Rhode also noted that Stephen’s newest book, Conquering the Crisis: Proven Solutions for Caregiver Recruiting and Retention was just published in August, 2017.
For more information on Stephen Tweed’s keynote speeches, learning seminars, and workshops for home health care, hospice, and private duty home care please visit https://leadinghomecare.com/keynote-speaking/.