Thank You, Home Care Owners and CEOs, who are working diligently to keep your agency open and serving your clients and caregivers.
This can be a lonely time if you have no one to talk with, to ask questions of, or to help solve problems. There are 26,000 home care companies in the US, and many of you have no one to share your ideas with, or to talk through problems with.
We are blessed at the Home Care CEO Forum to have 42 companies who are members of Home Care CEO Mastermind Groups. These groups have been meeting virtually to share ideas, solve problems, and support one another via Video Conference and Email.
As a service to the home care industry, we are beginning a new program called Office Hours with Stephen Tweed. This will be a weekly video meeting for any home care company owner or CEO who would like to attend. The Office Hours meeting will be limited to the first 100 individuals to join each week, due to the size of our Zoom Video meeting room.
Every Thursday, 4:00 pm Eastern Time, Zoom Video – next session TBD.
To join Office Hours with Stephen Tweed, you will need to register one time. Then you will receive reminders of each weeks meeting. Click on the link below to register:
Office Hours Week 7: Thursday, May 14, 2020 – Topics:
- The Impact of Covid-19 on the Home Care Industry
- Growth Opportunities
- Recovery Strategies for Home Care Businesses
Office Hours Week 6: Thursday, May 7, 2020 – Topics:
- Forgiveness Criteria for Paycheck Protection Plan Loans
- Caring for Clients with Covid0-19
Office Hours Week 5: Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Updates on PPP
- Updates on FFCRA
- New sources of PPE
Office Hours Week 4: Thursday April 23, 2020
- New Information on PPP
- Agencies waiving FFCRA Exemption
Office Hours Week 3: Thursday, April 16, 2020 – Topics:
- Updates sources for Personal Protective Equipment
- Getting and Using funds from the Payroll Protection Program
- Choosing the FMLA Exemption, or the Waiver, and how it affects Unemployment
Office Hours Week 2: Thursday, April 9, 2020 – Topics:
- Keeping Caregivers and Clients Safe: Personal Protective Equipment
- Impact of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Impact of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES)
Office Hours Week I: Thursday, April 2, 2020 – Topic: Coping with Covid-19
This week’s video Office Hours will focus on how home care companies across the country are coping with Covid-19, and continue to serve their clients and care for their caregivers.
Summary: We had a dozen home care leaders in our virtual meeting to discuss how home care companies are Coping with Covid, and how the three new federal laws passed in march will affect our industry.
Some of the key points discussed by the group included:
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Testing for Covid-19
- Policies for dealing with a client who has tested positive for Covid-19
- Policies for accepting new clients who are positive for Covid-19
- The Payroll Protection Plan under the CARES Act
- The Overtime Rule and how it might affect home care
- Caregiver Retention during the time of crisis
Our next Office Hours is to be determined, but we’re looking to bring it back in the near future.