By Stephen Tweed
Insights from members of the Home Care CEO Forum Mastermind Groups suggest that the number one burning issue facing owners and CEOs of home care agencies is the caregiver recruiting and retention crisis. The biggest barrier to growing your business during this Crazy Covid Crisis is not having enough caregivers to meet the needs of your clients.
Since last March, when the Covid Crisis hit, the team at Leading Home Care … the parent company of the Home Care CEO Forum has been working on a totally new program to help in put systems in placed to find and keep more caregivers. We are calling it …
This new service to home care companies in the to tier of our industry is based on three components:
- Research – we are continuing to conduct research to find the best methods for attracting high quality applicants, for selecting the best applicants, for on-boarding new hires, and for retaining the caregivers you have.
- Online Learning – We recognize that many times your front line team members who handle recruiting, selection, on-boarding, and retention may not have all of the knowledge, skills, and tools to find and keep caregivers. We’ve developed a totally new online learning system with Five Courses and Seven Lessons per course, for a total of 35 lessons in the base program. We are adding additional content to this base program as we develop new material.
- Caregiver Quality Mastermind Groups – The success of Home Care CEO Mastermind Groups has proven that bringing leaders together to share ideas, solve problems, and support one another really works. Members of Caregiver Quality Assurance will be enrolled in a CQA Mastermind Group with other companies of similar size who do not compete with you so that you can meet regularly to share ideas, solve problems, and support one another.
Participation is by Annual Membership
We have found that the best way to help home care leaders develop the knowledge, skills, and tools to grow their business is through a long-term commitment to engagement. We want to make sure our members are truly committed to Caregiver Quality Assurance, so the only way to participate is through an annual membership. You will have the opportunity to enroll up to five members of your team in the program for one annual dues.
Member Companies and CQA participants will have access to:
- The CQA Online Learning System with five courses and 35 lessons
- Participation in a CQA Mastermind Group
- Participating on a monthly CQA Town Hall Meeting
- Membership in a CQA Members Only Facebook Group
- Unlimited access to the CQA Team with questions and requests for resources
The Five Elements of Caregiver Quality Assurance
Years of research on what the top companies in the home care industry are doing to find and keep caregivers, grow their businesses, and get ready for the future has led us to develop the Five Elements of Caregiver Quality Assurance.
- The Caregiver Quality Company Culture – it is clear that the best way to attract and retain caregiver is to create a great place to work. We’ve studied company cultures for hundreds of home care companies, and we’ve outlined a proven process for you to create a “Culture of Attraction and Accomplishment” in your home care company.
- The Caregiver Quality Recruiting System – is based on the Three-pronged Approach to recruiting. You can no longer depend only online recruiting. You need to apply these other proven methods.
- The Caregiver Quality Selection System – while recruiting is critical, selection is the key. With turnover in home care above 60%, and 80% of turnover happening in the first 90 days, you can no longer just hire every applicant who comes along. You need a proven process for selecting the very best applicants who are committed to home care and to your company.
- The Caregiver Quality On-Boarding System – shows that the first day on the job makes all the difference in the careers of your caregiver. Make their first exposure to your company memorable experience.
- The Caregiver Quality Retention System – keeping your caregivers is critical to growing your business. If you turnover is near the industry median of 64.3%, you can’t grow your business because all of your new hires are going to replace caregivers who left. Our focus is on helping you reduce your 90-day turnover so you can use your new hires to grow your business.
Apply for Membership Today
To learn more about the Caregiver Quality Assurance Program, and to see if you are eligible for membership, visit our brand new web site today: